Very early on BabyComp and later LadyComp were submitted for clinical tests. The results were always used to enhance and further develop the devices. In addition, our statements for the Pearl-Index are not based on our own studies but are the result of many clinical studies.
Summary of published studies:
1. a) Test on preciseness of the temperature readings
Result: Temperature reading highly precise p2 0,01.
b) Test on prevention compared with clinical testing
Result: no unwanted pregnancies during green days
c) Test about planning
Result: 2 out of 5 conceived during the test
Rhodes Island 1988, Prof. Freundl, Frank-Herrmann, Toncaboni
2. Test fertile women. Compared with clinical testing.
Definition: 6 Days are fertile
Result: LadyComp found temperature shift in each cycle.
Number of fertile days 11.1 +/- 3.
Length of cycles 25 –35. No pregnancy on green days
Barcelona Congress 1992, Prof. Freundl,Bauer,Bremme,Doering, Herrmann
3. Clinical test and research on Hormone and temperature shifts.
Result: They do correlate and Baby Comp can improve reliability, acceptability and application of BBT in fertility investigation.
Amsterdam 1992, Prof. Martinez, V.Hooff, Schoute, V.D.Meer
4. Test on women sterile for 3-8 Years. BabyComp compared with clinical testing
Result: 100% match on luteal deficiency, anovulatory cycles and pregnancies.
Clinical testing found 86% of the ovulation`s, Baby Comp 80%
Sassari 1997, Prof. S.Dessole, Fadda, Rosas, Scapinelli, Inaudi, Ambrosini
5. Test of 683 women over 24 months, 12213 cycles completed.
Result: see test # 8
Not yet Published
Birmingham 1997, Prof. Freundl
6. Clinical testing and comparison with BabyComp
Result: Perfect match between clinical findings and fertility indications of Baby Comp
Not yet Published
Erlangen 1994, Prof. Wildt
7. Clinical fertility test vs. BabyComp.
Results: In no case did Baby Comp miss the beginning of the fertile time, Cycle disturbances were detected and treated correctly.
Text in German
Fertilitat Magazine 1992 :8 Page 66-76
8. 648 women in more than two years of use, Pearl Index 0,7
Field study in Switzerland, Germany, Mexico.
Dusseldorf 1998 D.Bachhofer, Prof. Freundl, P.F. Herrmann, Prof. Godehardt
9. Trial of contraceptive effectiveness of Lady-Comp/Baby-Comp
Advances in Contraception 1998; 14: 97-108 Prof. Freundl, P.F.Herrmann,Godehardt, R.Klemm, D. Bachhofer